We currently have one vacancy for a Co-opted Governor and one vacancy for an LA governor. We are looking for someone with an interest and expertise in financial management to fill at least one of those vacancies.
As volunteers, school governors carry out one of the most important and satisfying jobs in the education sector. School governors are drawn from all walks of life, with each bringing his or her unique skills and experience to the role of school leadership. In Norfolk we have approximately 5500 governors – local people serving the schools and young people in their local communities.
You do not have to be a working professional, just someone who wants to be involved and make a difference
You will need to be:
- Willing to learn
- Willing to make a difference
- Committed to supporting children and young people
- 18 years or over
Together with your fellow governors you will:
- Decide what the school needs to achieve
- Act together on both short and long term decisions for the future of the school whilst allowing the head teacher to conduct its day to day running.
- Hold the school accountable for providing the best education possible
What commitment will I have to give?
- Attend full governors meetings 6 times a year, depending on the school, and participate in committee meetings giving between 8-12 hours per term.
- Read the papers you receive to prepare for meetings
- Visit the school occasionally to see it at work
What can I expect in return?
- Excellent training and support from Educator Solutions
- True satisfaction of being a member of a team within the school, working together to make a difference to the lives of young people in your area
Further information on the role is on the school website www.hovetonstjohn.co.uk in the Governors section. If this interests you and you would like to know more please contact Rebecca Quinn at the school. Information is also available on the Norfolk website www.schools.norfolk.gov.uk – just click on the governors section.